The journey to becoming Chandrasekhar’s ‘Azad’, 15 arrested for the first time, 10 things to know.
Chandra Shekhar Azad: On the occasion of Chandrasekhar Azad’s birth anniversary, the whole country is missing him. The Great Revolutionary Azad had sacrificed his life for the country’s independence.
New Delhi: Chandra Shekhar Azad Jayanti: The great revolutionary Chandrasekhar Azad birth anniversary. Chandra Shekhar Azad Birthday was born on July 23, 1906, at the place of Bhabra in Alirajpur district of Madhya Pradesh. Today, on the occasion of his birth anniversary, Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted the tribute. He wrote, “My humble tribute to Bharat Mata K Veer Sahit Chandrasekhar Azad (Chandra Shekhar Azad) on his birth anniversary. He was a bold and determined determinant, who had sacrificed his life for the country’s freedom. His heroic legacy is a source of inspiration for the countrymen. There are many interesting tales of Chandrashekhar Azad, who is offering his life for the country’s independence. One of them is up to anecdote when Chandrasekhar Azad (Chandra Shekhar Azad) was involved in the non-cooperation movement of Gandhi in 1920 at the age of 14. After which they were arrested and presented before the judge. Where he named his name ‘Azad’, father’s name ‘Freedom’ and ‘Jail’ as his residence. Azad was punished with 15 kodas. Today, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Chandrashekhar Azad, we are telling you 10 points related to his life.
10 things related to Chandrasekhar Azad
- 1. Azad’s early life was spent in the village of Bhabra in tribal-dominated area. At a very young age, Chandrashekhar jumped into the battle of independence.
- Chandrashekhar’s mother wanted him to be a Sanskrit teacher. That is why Azad went to Banaras at the age of 14 and studied in a Sanskrit school there.
- It is said that the shooting of Chandrasekhar Azad was very good. Actually, he took training in his childhood.
- For the first time arrested, he was sentenced to 15 caps. With the blows of every whip, he raised the voice of ‘Vande Mataram’ and ‘Jai of Mahatma Gandhi’. After this, they started publicly calling ‘Azad’.
- After the Chauri Chaura incident in 1922, Gandhiji withdrew the movement, like all the young men of the country, Azad also got disillusioned with the Congress. After that, Pandit Ram Prasad Bismil and Shachindranath Sanyal Yogesh Chandra Chatterjee formed a group of Hindustani Democratic Union in 1924 regarding the revolutionaries of North India. Chandrashekhar Azad also joined this team.
- After his association with the revolutionary organization of Hindustan Republic Association (HRA) Azad Ramprasad Bismil, his life changed. They looted the government treasury and started raising funds for the organization’s revolutionary activities. He believed that this money belongs to the Indians, which the British have looted. Azad took active part in Kakori Kand (1925) under the leadership of Ramprasad Bismil.
- Chandrashekhar Azad took revenge for Lala Lajpat Rai’s death by shooting British police officer SP Saunders in Lahore in 1928.
- After the assassination of Saunders, there was a stick in the place of place in Lahore, on which it was written that the death of Lala Lajpat Rai was revenge. Chandra Shekhar Azad Quotes: ” We will face enemy bullets, we are free, we will remain free ”
- Chandrasekhar Azad (Chandra Shekhar Azad) was planning Sukhdev and his other friend in Alfred Park, Allahabad to take the iron from the British. Suddenly British police attacked them. Azad launched firing on the police, so that Sukhdev (he is not Sukhdev, who was offered hangings with Bhagat Singh) could escape from there. Azad was badly injured by police bullets. They kept iron in front of hundreds of police officers for 20 minutes. They had resolved that they would never be caught and neither could the British government execute them. That’s why, in order to fulfill your resolve, the last shot of his pistol killed himself and sacrificed his life for the motherland.
- Chandrashekhar Azad had said-We will face enemy bullets, They are free, they will remain free.